HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
This unit of competency has been approved by Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) who have deemed it to satisfy all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
This course is suitable for anyone working in long day care, family day care, preschool and outside of school hours (OOSH) care services.
We are a registered training organisation (RTO #91399) with this unit of competency on our scope of registration and are authorised to deliver this course Australia-wide.
We do not cancel classes. They are guaranteed to run on the day you book.
Australian College of Nursing endorsed course.
Autumn Special Sale 40% off today. $149 (usually $250).
Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- compliance with first aid sections of the Education and Care
Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
- incident reporting in a child care setting
- child physiology
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
We are a Nationally Recognised Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 91399).
1-day course with 4 Units of Competency from the new HLT Health Training Package recorded on your Statement of Attainment issued the same day:
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Our course is flexible in delivery and comprises a pre-course online component followed by our 1 day in-class practical course. The pre-study consists of 113 MCQs which can be done online.
Pre-study takes on average 2-3 hours. 95% of students prefer the online method (as opposed to attending another day of classroom training) as it is convenient and cost effective.
To register and start the online workbook click here.
We run classes every week of the year in Perth CBD and run this particular course 2 times a week, from 9am to 4:30pm. The available course dates for HLTAID004 are listed below.
Where do I go to attend the first aid course?
CBD training rooms in Perth are located in the heart of the city. Exact address: Suite 5, Level 1, 150 Adelaide Terrace, East Perth WA 6004.
We are unable to refund monies for students who do not turn up for first aid classes or decide at a later date after booking that that they do not want to attend. Changes to class times are allowed, but not within 48 hours of the class commencing.
Quick Enquiry Form
Course dates Child Care First Aid